SIDS are making progress implementing renewable energy targets by exploring and including centralized and distributed renewable energy applications in power systems. Panelists will discuss challenges and enablers for a successful transition to renewably powered SIDS.
- Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary, Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), Germany
- Anote Tong, President of Kiribati, tbc
- Moises Tavares Borges, Director-General, Ministry of Environment, Housing and Land Use Planning, Cape Verde, tbc
- Christine Lins, Executive Secretary REN21
- Tao Wang, Director of Mitigation and Adaptation, Green Climate Fund
- Dr Henning Wuester, Director of the Knowledge, Policy and Finance Centre, International Renewable Energy Agency
- Busso v. Bismarck, Head of Business Development, Qinous GmbH