Time: Friday 4th December 2015, 18.00-20.00
Location: IETA-WBCSD Business Hub, Hall 3, Blue Zone.
IPIECA welcomes you to a side event on low emissions pathways and the role of oil and gas at the 21st session of the Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). IPIECA will share its view on the pathway to a low-emissions future, including some of the challenges the world faces in the transition, and key responses. The panellists and audience will then be invited to share their thoughts on what they have heard, opening into a discussion on the actions needed to address climate change and the role of oil and gas.
The side-event on low emissions pathways and the role of oil and gas will feature:
Moderator: David Hone (Chief Climate Change Advisor, Shell)
Speaker: Liz Rogers (Vice Chair, IPIECA/Vice President Environment, SR and HSSE, BP)
- Elliot Diringer (Executive Vice President, C2ES)
- Jean-François Gagné (Head of Energy Technology Policy Division, IEA)
- Arthur Lee (Principal Advisor, Chevron)
- Ligia Noronha (Director of DTIE, UNEP)
- Jérôme Schmitt (Executive Vice President of Sustainable Development, Total)