Publicly Mobilised Private Climate Finance: Implementation and Tracking by Development Finance Institutions (DFIs)
COP-21 – Side Event in the EU Pavillion by KfW and partners
Room Luxembourg in Zone Blue
4 December 2015 – from 18.30 to 20.00
Light food and drinks will be served after the event
You are cordially invited to attend our joint side event.
In our session we will try to answer the following questions:
- How does tracking of mobilised climate finance work in practice?
- What impacts are achieved? What incentives are set when moving towards the $ 100 bln.?
- What are next steps to increase transparency, accuracy, completeness and efficiency?
Presentations by Expert Panelists followed by discussion:
– Introduction of the background and decision points – Raphael Jachnik, OECD
– Presentation of methods and results applied by DFIs – Jochen Harnisch, KfW
– Presentation of MDB method and results – Nancy Saich, EIB & Carel Cronenberg, EBRD
– Estimation of indirect mobilisation and its benefits and challenges – Barbara Buchner, CPI
– Outlook on the broader picture – Michael Westphal, WRI