The ASEAN Secretariat and Global Environmental Centre (GEC) will co-organise an event at the sideline of the COP 21 to UNFCCC with the theme “Towards a Low Carbon and Climate Resilient ASEAN Community Post-2015, with a Focus on Sustainable Solutions for Peatland Fires and Haze” on
Wednesday, 2 December 2015 from 16:45 to 18:15 in Observer Room 04, Paris – Le Bourget site.
The event will discuss ASEAN’s regional strategies and targets for contributing to the UNFCCC objectives and will outline potential coordinated policies and actions at regional and national levels towards ASEAN sustainable and resilient community. The discussion will focus particularly on policies and collective actions among ASEAN Member States in maintaining an inherent quality of healthy peatland ecosystems and realising the vision of a haze-free ASEAN.
Invited panelists include the following:
- Mr. Pham Van Tan, AWGCC Chair and Deputy Director General, Department of Meteorology, Hydrology and Climate Change, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Viet Nam
- Dr. Gary William Theseira, AWGCC Member and Deputy Undersecretary, Environment Management and Climate Change Division, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Malaysia
- Dr. Nur Masripatin, AWGCC Member and Director General of Climate Change
Ministry of Environment and Forestry Republic of Indonesia
- Mr. Faizal Parish, Director, Global Environment Centre
- Dr. Le Phat Quoi, Regional Peatland Expert, Center of Environment Science and Ecology, National University of Viet Nam
- EU Delegation
Moderator: Dr. Ampai Harakunarak, Head of Environment Division, ASEAN Secretariat