The strategic idea is to build on the mitigation activities the carbon market had induced in the sector and reach out for policy transformation from markets to post-2020 NDC. Working by dialogue and providing information, consultation, capacity building as well as result-based financing for mitigation primarily via the CDM. Countries, companies and supporters interested in sustained N2O abatement or financial contributions are invited to join or support the initiative.
- Jochen Flasbarth, Secretary of State, Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), Germany
- Peer Stiansen, Ministry of Climate and Environment, Norway
- Vikram Widge, Head, Climate and Carbon Finance, World Bank Group
- John Kilani, Sustainable Development Mechanisms Programme (SDM), UNFCCC
- Silke Karcher, Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB), Germany